Red Beans and Rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 clove chopped garlic
- 1 package Tofurkey Kielbasa, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 2 (15 ounce) cans canned kidney beans, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Bring water to a boil in a saucepan. Add rice, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- In a large skillet over low heat, cook Tofurkey until browned.
- Stir in onion, green pepper and garlic. Saute for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Pour in beans and tomatoes. Season with oregano, salt and pepper.
- Simmer uncovered for 20 minutes. Serve hot over rice.