Mashed Potatoes and Gravy
- 6 medium potatoes, diced and peeled
- 2/3 cup soy or almond milk
- 1/3 cup vegan butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- In large pot, cover potatoes with water. Cover pot and bring to a boil.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes or until very tender. Drain well.
- Add soy/almond milk, vegan butter, and salt/pepper; mash until light and fluffy.
- 1/2 cup flour
- 4 cups soy or almond milk
- 4 sausage substitute patties or ground sausage links (ex. Boca or Morningstar Breakfast Patties)
- 6 tablespoons oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Saute your favorite vegan sausage until it is fully cooked and browned on the outside. Crumble into smaller pieces. Set aside.
- Add oil to the pan and stir in the flour and black pepper over low heat. Continuously stir until the mixture is brown and creamy.
- Slowly add the milk until the mixture is creamy and consistent. Add in the crumbled sausage.
- Serve hot over mashed potatoes.