Banana Pudding (Traditional)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- vegan egg replacement (2 eggs)
- 2 cups soy or almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 30-40 vanilla wafers
- 3 large bananas
- 8 ounces whipped topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Layer vanilla wafers and bananas in a 1/2 quart baking dish. (Start with the wafers, the bottom layer will soak up the pudding).
- Add flour, sugar, salt and egg replacement to a saucepan.
- Note: For a quicker/easier version of this recipe, you can omit the previous ingredients and start with pre-made pudding from a store or from a box.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until thick and smooth.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Pour hot pudding over the top of the wafers and bananas. (Option to serve as is at this point)
- Cover with whipped topping
- Bake at 375 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes until the whipped topping is golden brown.