- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup soy or almond milk
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds (use a clean coffee grinder if not pre-ground)
- 1/3 cup water
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Combine ground flax-seed and hot water. Stir together and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, salt, ground flax-seed mixture, milk, and canola oil. Beat until smooth.
- Pour contents into prepared baking pan. Allow the contents to sit for 15-20 minutes prior to baking (optional)
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Allow to cool prior to serving.