- 2 pre-made refrigerated 9 inch pie crusts
- 3/4 cup vegan butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 8 of your favorite apples (peeled, cored and sliced)
- If needed, pre-cook pie crust according to directions on box.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Melt butter in saucepan. Stir in flour to form a paste.
- Add water, white sugar and brown sugar, and bring to a boil. Reduce temperature and let simmer.
- Fill crust with apples and cover with a lattice-work crust.
- Pour the sugar and butter liquid over the crust.
- Bake 15 minutes at 425 degrees.
- Reduce the temperature to 350 degrees and bake for an additional 35 minutes.